Serving Glens Falls, Lake George & Saratoga Springs NY
Pool Closing Instructions
- Clean the pool and filter. Remove all deck equipment; i.e. ladder, rails, etc.
- Add the appropiate closing chemicals. Allow the system to circulate for 2-3 hours before proceeding. Be sure you understand the correct order and procedure for adding the chemicals.
- Shut off the pump and turn off the breaker. If you only shut off the timer the pump will usually turn on after 24 hours. Be sure to shut off the breaker to the pump.
- Remove the directionals and baskets from the pool. Place the directionals in the skimmer basket for winter storage.
Perform steps 5-8 to winterize any underground plumbing. If your system is below the pool's water level ask us for special closing instructions.
- Disconnect the return line from the filter. Using a strong shop vac, blow out the return lines. You should notice air bubbling into the pool.
- Using winterizing plugs, plug each line starting with the one which blew out air first. Do not shut off the blower until the last plug is installed.
- Disconnect the pipe from the front of the pump, or through the pump housing, blow the suction lines seperately and plug the skimmers using gizzmos. If your pool has a bottom drain, completely shut off the drain line valve while blowing out the line to create an air lock.
- Pour at least 1/2 gallon of non-toxic pool line anti-freeze into the suction lines and 1/2 gallon into the return lines.
Perform step 9-12 only if you have an above ground pool.
- Drain the pool a couple of inches below the skimmer.
- Remove the directional from the wall fitting and install a threaded plug.
- Install a winter freeze plate on the skimmer. Remove the hose from the bottom of the skimmer and remove the hose connected to the return fitting at the pool wall.
- Install the air pillow (optional).
For all pools perform step 13-15.
- Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the filter. Place the multi-port valve (if it exists) between two postions or remove it from the filter. Store the pressure gauge indoors.
- Remove the drain plugs from the pump, chlorinator, and heater. Place the plugs in the pump basket for storage. Install the pool's winter cover. On above ground pools, be sure the covers' cable does not run under the skimmer or return fitting. We strongly recommend wall bags instead of cover cables.
- Periodically drain off the cover. Keep it drained in the fall and again in the spring. Do not fill water tubes, bags, or air pillows more the 2/3 full.
Web Site Design & Hosting by Nolee-O Web Design